Central High 1970's!

This blog is to connect all of us who went to school at Chattanooga Central High School in the 1970's! I hope that you will find it interesting and possibly connect to old friends and hopefully also make some new ones! To post your information and pictures, send to the following e-mail: donella.gallo@gmail.com

Monday, March 30, 2009

Donis Cockrell ~ Class of 74









I was at Central High School in the early '70's, graduating in 1974 (that's Carol Satterfield, class of '73 with me in one of the HS pics). Music Ed was my major at MTSU (violin was my major instrument). I married Mark (we met in NC at a resort, where I was a strolling violinist and he was a singing waiter) in 1978 and we have two (both married) children. Our son, 28, is a professor at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta campus)and our daughter just finished her Rad Tech training in Tampa, FL. We have lived all over the country over the almost-31 years we have been married - NC, MA, FL, TN, AZ, LA, but KY has been home for the last 18 years. Mark retired from college teaching years ago and continues to run a music publishing business and is a church choir director. I taught music in the school system for several years and then began teaching violin. I now run a violin studio in Hopkinsville, KY, along with working for the publishing company. Looking forward to seeing former classmates at the reunion in September!

Donis (Cockrell) Schweizer