Central High 1970's!

This blog is to connect all of us who went to school at Chattanooga Central High School in the 1970's! I hope that you will find it interesting and possibly connect to old friends and hopefully also make some new ones! To post your information and pictures, send to the following e-mail: donella.gallo@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 17, 2009


Donny Smith 1974-1975


RockYou slideshow | View | Add Favorite

I had to leave Chattanooga for Florida or I was going to die a slow death on drugs, alcohol, or daredevil activities, in the middle of my 11th grade (1975). I moved in with my father who straighten me out just a little bit and then I went into the navy because I didn't want to study anymore.

The first thing I did was study about the navy, electricity, batteries, motors, and so much more I would waste a whole day trying to explain all that I had to learn. After the navy I moved back in with Dad but then quickly left for Tampa Bay, Fl.

I met my wife there and finished tech school on Electronics. Nortel offered me a job in Raleigh, NC and gave me $1000.00 to move in 12 days. We stayed in Raleigh for 12 years. I became an instructor for engineers on how to use tools to order telephone equipment. Lot's of studying there and that position allowed me to travel Canada the US and 1 stop in Austrailia. I love to study now baby!

Nortel then asked me to move to Richardson, TX and they would pay for everything, and I mean everything. We've been here 9 years. I was let go by Nortel and had to drive a truck, but I have since been rehired by Nortel and things are going just fine.

After writing all this I realized that I was taking all the credit for all the things that have happened to me. Believe me it was God who did everything not me, I was just able to enjoy them as he has continued to bless my life with so many things. I just wished I would have studied more. hee, hee.

I hope you enjoy the pictures of my family. Deena, Ashley, Jacob, and everyone should remember my mom Mrs. Smith from JB Jr. High.

My sister (Donella) is the best!