Central High 1970's!

This blog is to connect all of us who went to school at Chattanooga Central High School in the 1970's! I hope that you will find it interesting and possibly connect to old friends and hopefully also make some new ones! To post your information and pictures, send to the following e-mail: donella.gallo@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 06, 2006



Rusty Kendall - 1974-1977

Susan Watkins - 1975-1978

It is Sunday, March 18, 2007 as I write this, and I can't believe that Rusty and I have been out of high school for almost 30 years! So much has happened since then. . .

Rusty and I were married on September 20, 1980 and we have two wonderful children. Our daughter, Lauren, is 22 and our son, Kevin, is 19. Rusty has been employed with Miller Industries for about 25 years. After being a stay-at-home mom for many years, I have entered the work force as an interpreter for the deaf with the Hamilton County School system. We've stayed in the Highway 58 area and currently live in Harrison.

We were always very involved in our children's lives and thoroughly enjoyed helping out with little league, marching band, football, and their church and school activities. Since they've both graduated now (from Central!), it has been a big adjustment for us. We didn't know what we were going to do with ourselves after attending eight straight years worth of Central's Friday night football games, but we're adjusting.

In addition to my family and my job, I stay busy with various hobbies and interests. For the past few years, I have served as Vice-President of the Hamilton County Genealogical Society, and I am also involved with the Central High Alumni Association as Communications Director. The Alumni Association is busily planning to celebrate Central's 100th birthday this year, and I hope to see you all at some of our events!





This photo is of me and my sisters, taken Christmas 2006. We are all graduates of Central!
Andrea Watkins Long '87, Janet Watkins McInturff '82, Terri Lynn Watkins Overby '80, and Susan Watkins Kendall '78.